10 Gift Ideas You Can Make!
There is something undeniably special about receiving a gift that someone took the time to make with their hands. Here are some simple, yet intentional gifts that people are sure to love.
- Reusable Bowl Covers - For the sourdough baker in your life, these covers are a practical and thoughtful gift that they’ll get endless use out of! They can also be used to keep food fresh and pare down on food waste. You can find the pattern in the Rooney Free Sewing Library here.
Advent Calendar - This is a wonderful gift and a reminder of hope throughout the Advent season. This calendar is a beautiful addition to any Christmas decor and could be used for years and years to come - maybe even passed down. This can also be found in the Rooney Free Sewing Library here.
- Children’s Soft Book - A soft, crinkly book makes such a sweet child’s gift! Whether it has a more simple design or is beautifully detailed, the end product is so special. From a play kitchen recipe book, simple stories, or a family picture book, there are endless possibilities and personalization options. Watch the tutorial here.
- Hand Stitched Quilt - This project gives you a gorgeous finished product that even a beginner can make. This sewing project uses both hand stitching and sewing on a machine which makes it the perfect way to learn new sewing techniques that will translate to many other projects. This can be made to a crib size or a large quilt for yourself. It is a labor of love but the process is simple and the end product is so worth it! Watch the tutorial here.
- Bible Cover - These fabric Bible or Book covers would be a great gift idea and a way to personalize special books. There are so many possibilities for making these your own and bonus: this is a great scrap fabric project! This tutorial shows you two different ways to make this project: embroidered or quilted. Find it here.
- Slippers - Slippers may just be the coziest Christmas morning gift! These slippers are super simple and make great Christmas gifts. You can make them out of many different fabrics. You can get the slippers pattern for minis, adults, or get both with the bundle!
- Teddy bear - This Rooney Clothing best seller is simple, cute, and easily customizable stuffy makes for an intentional and thoughtful gift. This pattern is so easy to customize with different fabrics or simple accessories. Find the pattern here.
- Apron - Our apron pattern is where utility and beauty meet. Keep those hands free and clothing clean whether you are in the kitchen, garden, crafting, or working with tools. With a simple, over-the-head design, this beginner sewing pattern is a great first project if you want to learn how to sew. Find the pattern here.
- Doll & Me Dresses - Every little girl needs a matching dress with her doll, right?! This is a great way to use your scrap fabric and spend some time sewing something special. You could make the sweetest matching holiday dresses or even use pajama fabric for cozy holiday pajama dresses. Rooney Clothing’s Ola Girl’s pattern now comes with the Ola dress for dolls pattern! Find it here.
- Crossbody Bag - The perfect afternoon project to sew a crossbody bag that will hold all of your essentials. Make a matching pair for gift the mamas and littles on your list will enjoy! Find the pattern here.
We hope that this list has inspired some ideas for you to make some intentional gifts this Holiday season. We would love to see what you create! Tag us on instagram with your creations!