1. “A quiet and modest life brings more joy than a pursuit of success bound with constant unrest.” – Albert Einstein. I enjoyed readingthis article on living a quiet life. Taking a step back from my shop during the holiday rush has been so good for my soul this year and making me expectant for the future!
2. I have one week left to enjoy all the holiday things. This includes: White Christmas, The Grinch, The Holiday, baking my first pie from scratch, wrapping presents, making a gingerbread house, writing letters, listening to The Peace Project and knitting!
3. Do you have a vision journal? This is the perfect time to make one! I’m currently going through and revising dreams and reevaluating what are dreams vs. goals. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and I’m wanting to be more intentional about God-sized, Kingdom minded dreams and holding my goals a little more loose and not being so tight fisted about them.
4. This was my favorite book I read this year.
5. I’ve been enjoying Jenna Kutcher’s Goal Digger Podcast. Have you listened yet?!
6. I’ve been wanting to photograph more day to day moments with my “real” camera for fun. My number one problem is I forget to carry it around with me! Any tips?
7. My friend Chelsea hosted a Favorite Things Party last week. Have you ever been to one? They’re so fun. Each person chooses a gift around $10 and brings 3 of the same item. You explain why you like it and draw 3 names, then you walk away with 3 new gifts! I brought a wooden dish brush and a kitchen hand towel from the Hearth and Hand line from Target.
8. I want to try makingthis soup soon!
9. I found the volcano fragrance to make your own volcano candles! It truly does smell just like it! If you have these essential oils, you can diffuse these to smell like it as well: grapefruit, geranium, and fir needle.
10. If you’re looking for a last minute gift, print out a quote and frame it!